Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Believe - Real Salt Lake

As you may know I am a big time Real Salt Lake fan. I have been involved with the team on several levels.  I was a marketing intern in 2008 and got to be on the field for the MLS All-Star game. I have been a part of some of the fun stuff they do as well.



I am going on my 3rd year of being a Season Ticket Holder. I have 2 of the best seats in the stadium. Seriously. They are amazing! 


So many things are going right with the team even amidst the personnel shake up happening. (Which I don't foresee being a hiccup to the upcoming season.) Attendance is growing; selling out games on the regular! More and more season ticket holders are joining the ranks.  We even have an anthem that we sing.  It gets the crowd (and the players) PUMPED!



For the next level I think it would be fun to bring 2 great traditions together. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the RSL Believe Anthem.  Wouldn't it be fun to get in the Tabernacle with the organ blasting  it while the choir sang their hearts out?

I do.

There is nothing wrong with what we have currently but maybe we need a few more verses to bring it all together.  Now I don't profess to be a master lyricist by an means but I wrote a little verse that may be suitable. You tell me.  If you don't like it or think you can do better, go ahead and comment with a verse of your own.  I will compile what I get and we can put it to a vote.

Here is what I came up with:

In the heart of Zion a Lion has been found
Rally the Battle Cry
Royal the Army retreat will never sound
I am Salt Lake for Life

In the meantime, I will work my connections to get the performance bit worked out. You know, my connections...with MoTab and old Tommy Monson. My grandma is a widow so... (Tongue in cheek people.)

No comments: