Monday, December 14, 2009

Dashboard Confessional Concerts

A couple weeks ago I went to 2 Dashboard Confessional concerts. One was in San Fran. I had to use a Southwest Voucher that I had earned by the end of the week and I didn't really have any thing else I could get to in time. I had planned to use it to go to AZ for a DC concert there but that tour got canceled so I had to change my plans. I flew out there Wednesday evening and my sister Kara picked me up at the airport. WE drove into the city and went to the show. It was a great concert! After that she took me to my dad's place and dropped me off. We left for the airport at 5:30am so I could catch my flight. The trip cost me a grand total of $42. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Two days later I went to my 2nd concert of the week in Salt Lake. It was at the same club I saw them the for the very first time about 7 years ago. Back then I was just a NKOTB and didn't realize what I was getting myself into. This time I went by myself because in several previous attempts I had bought an extra ticket hoping to take someone that I really wanted to go with or at least really wanted to see the band. So this time I went solo so I could just take it in and not have to worry about some other person that didn't want to be there as much as I did.

It was another great show. Chris loves playing in Salt Lake for some reason. I won't complain. I never get sick of seeing them perform. And I take some comfort in knowing that I won't have to pay a couple hundred dollars to see them. I say them. Its a bit of a misnomer. Chris Carrabba started the band on his own back in 2000. He called it Dashboard Confessional so he could expand the band at some point. Now there are 4 solid members but every once in awhile Chris will go on a solo tour (like this one) when it is usually him and John Lefler, the other guitarist. They'll play smaller venues and bust out the acoustics and let us have it.

This round they are doing something a little special. Check out DCBootlegs, someone involved has been recording all the shows and posting them free online to listen to or download. Now you can see what you are missing or at the least, what I am loving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would just like to take some time too thank the posters for doing what you do and make this community great im a long time reader and first time poster so i just wanted to say thanks.