Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sea Glass Hunting


I don't know what it is but I find hunting for sea glass all kinds of soothing. I think the waves crashing, the sun shining and the focus of the search all add to the experience.  I like being alone, canvassing the sands.

The beach down the hill from my mom's house in Carmel is especially good for hunting.




It isn't a super popular beach. It doesn't bode well for swimmers or surfers.  The sand isn't fluffy and soft. In fact it is just a bunch of little pebbles.



Bare feet are easily agitated because of its course nature.  I don't know if it is location or what but there is sea glass all over this beach.


When the light is right and the motivation to get a little sandy and maybe a little wet from the escaping tides is there you can really make it happen.


Apparently, yellow sea glass is a rare find so I was happy to come across that little gem.  I think the blue pieces are especially pretty.  The color is so soft.

Needless to say I am grateful for the small opportunities I have now and again to get out there and have some time for a little hunt. I get to find these fun little reminders of the past but also relax and take in the beauty of the world we live in.  It really is something to behold when you look at it with the right eyeballs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a peaceful way to spend an afternoon.