Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Girls are Dumb

So here is the deal. I see this super babe tonight at Applebee's. I caught her checking me out a couple of times, something I am totally OK with. Maybe she is looking at my ridiculous hair cut. Either way she was looking. So I get this idea in my head as follows:

Write her a note. Clever, witty, direct. "All I know is, You look like angels sing and I can do 20 push ups. ♥ Caleb" There is a picture of a stick figure doing push ups and her counting them off. Classic. PS Call me with my phone number. This note comes to her when her bill comes, already payed for. She shows it to her friends and they all giggle. I give her a nod of the head and raise my glass and smile. She smiles and returns the toast.

She gets up and sings her karaoke song with her friends. I get up and introduce myself and talk to her for just a brief moment. She is a little reserved, she says thanks and gets ready to leave with her friends. As she leaves I give the "call me' sign by poking my hand and making a phone.

Perfectly innocent and fun.

So here is my question, why isn't she ever going to call or text me? And the reason is because girls are dumb. Most girls I assume wouldn't ever call a guy if he gave them his number. Not because they don't want to call him but because it is a man's job to get her number, call and make the first move. Here is the problem with that, THAT WAS THE FIRST MOVE. Duh.

If I were to ask her for her number, she probably would have given it to me. Most girls give a guy their number, even if they don't want you to call or HOPE you don't call. Maybe he texts her a few times and she doesn't respond. Maybe he calls and leaves a message. Maybe you answer and the guy, that she doesn't even like but has her number now, asks her on a date. Maybe she lies and says something to avoid it. Or maybe she says yes even though she'd rather not. I don't know why they do that...probably because girls are dumb.

My point is, if I put in some effort to be creative, fun, unique, not creepy and you like it, call me. That's why I gave you my number. There is no shame in it. Its the right move. Ladies, take some notes. If a guy gives you his number it is because he wants you to call him if you are interested.

I understand that maybe this particular girl maybe didn't like me. I know that's not always the case and girls don't call out of principle. Don't be dumb.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If writing her the note was the first move and she seemed to respond well, then asking if you could have HER number is the next move.

"Moves" don't have to be even-steven. Make a second move. :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Girls are like totes smart and stuff. Duh. Don't be dumb.

Unknown said...

whatevs, anon. Girls ARE dumb. I think you're freakin awesome and your note was hilar:)

(HA! my word verification is "distim" which strikes me as funny in this case. (get it? "dissed him?") Why does the dating scene have to be so hard? Makes my head spin.)