Good day my friends!
I am coming apart at the seams. This past year has been taxing on my poor body. Let me tell you about them.
1. Midcarpal Instability - this ailment that occurs in the wrist happened when I was playing football last October on Conference Weekend. Somehow, something went wrong when I either tackled someone or got tackled by someone. This causes my wrist to pop out of place whenever I put pressure on it. This has ruined my ability to throw a football and anything larger than a softball. The motion causes it to pop. It is painful and chronic. I was in a cast for 6 weeks which resulted in several hundred dollars of useless. It is extremely rare and nearly incurable.
2. Left Ankle - This has been an ongoing condition from my surgery back on 2007. The joint has be deteriorating slowly and the pain increasing. I need to get it scoped. In the meantime, because I can't afford it, I have been paying doctors $50 a pop to get steroid injections into the joint to alleviate the pain for a few weeks at a time. I've had 5 since November.
3. Torn Ligament/Tendon - I think I tore something in my right elbow at the end of June. I had to stop playing 3rd base on my softball team because I couldn't make the throws. I was resigned to playing catcher and opted to not play on an intramural football team because I didn't want the temptation. It is still on the mend.
4. Cellulitis - Some how in June I got cellulitis in my left elbow. Another random occurrence indeed. I think this may have been caused by some old lotion that I used to cure my exceedingly dry elbows. Any how, I ended up at the hospital getting an IV and spending another several hundred dollars. But I was cured.
5. Vertigo - I came down with a random case of Vertigo about 10 days ago. I was consigned to my bed for a long 4 days. I couldn't walk around with out nearly falling over and getting nauseous. I am finally over it 100% thanks to Rick Sampson MD, who provided me with some Meclizine. What ever it is it helped.
The question now is, What's Next? Hopefully someone else causes it so I don't have to pay for it. (like what happened to my car) I do have insurance but with Obama out and about trying to change everything who knows what is going to happen.