Monday, October 22, 2007

Poem of the Week #5

You said.

Ok the details on this one are fuzzy. I won’t name names. Let me put it this way. This is for people that say they want to be friends but never return the favor. I’m not the type of person that gives of myself freely, just to give of myself. Call it selfish, or call me a bad friend, call it what you want but honestly, if there isn’t equilibrium or reciprocity in a relationship what is the point? I enjoy balance. I am punctual. If I tell someone I am going to call at 7, I do it. I expect the same courtesy. It’s not too much to ask.

I am insecure in some relationships. Maybe I am more sensitive to this type of thing in because I don’t know where I stand. Notwithstanding that, if you are telling me you are my friend, my real friend, you better be that. Don’t tell me something just because you think it is what I want to hear. I don’t need a friend that doesn’t mean it.

You said you’d call me
But you didn’t remember me once yesterday
It makes me think and wonder if you even care at all
Please don’t lead me on
Please don’t make me believe, what really isn’t there.
Don’t say what you don’t mean
Just to please me
You are better than that
And so am I
I can’t understand I don’t know if I want to
Thank you for everything you haven’t done for me recently
I have gone out of my way to be there
You haven’t at all
You leave me
What am I supposed to think?
What am I supposed to do?
I am so lost when it comes to you
I want to call or text
But I won’t
You said you’d call
So I’ll wait to see if you ever come through
What will I say?
She knows how I feel
You know how I feel
I told you
And look where it left me!

No comments: