Monday, April 16, 2007

My Soundtrack

I told you about the books Twilight and New Moon.
I rambled about how I feel bad for not buying them…but not really.
I told you about the new poems I wrote Only You and Down By the Shore...maybe you checked them out.

I did say I’d provide a play list/soundtrack for you about the books. I have mixed feelings about posting this. Maybe if you are having doubts about picking up the books you’ll know some of these songs and be like, ‘Yo, this soundtrack is legit! The books have to good.’ But I know you’re gonna look at the 1st song and be like, ‘Dude, Caleb has lost it. Spice Girls? This book must be lame.’

Here is how it happened. When I was reading, I thought of some of these songs; they'd just pop into my head. Sometimes when I was driving around listening to my iPod a song would remind me of the book. I say don’t knock it ‘til you listen. These are all good songs outside of the soundtrack. I made it extra easy for you. Click on the title and the lyrics of the songs pop up. they are what did it for me.

Viva Forever – Spice Girls
I Get Weak – Belinda Carlyle
Lovesong – The Cure
The Secret’s in the Telling – Dashboard Confessional
Kiss Me – The Cardigans
Carve Your Heart – Dashboard Confessional
Stolen (Live) – Dashboard Confessional
I Just Can’t Stop Loving You – Michael Jackson
Yellow (Live Piano Solo) – Coldplay
Romeo and Juliet – Dire Straits
In Too Deep – Phil Collins
It Ends Tonight – All-American Rejects
Against All Odds – Phil Collins
My Happy Ending (Acoustic) – Avril Lavigne
Ghost of a Good Thing – Dashboard Confessional
My Immortal – Evanescence
Breakdown – Tom Petty
Currents – Dashboard Confessional

I would have added Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol if I made the soundtrack today as a 6b or 18b.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, I guess I need to start checking in a little more regularly. I just got a nice big dose of Caleb.

First of all, I want to live that perfect night. That does sound like perfection.

Secondly, that is so funny that you're so busted! I can't believe that article is up there forever.

Thirdly, I can't wait to see you in a tux at the prom.

Fourth, I can't wait to get the soundtrack--hopefully today. Maybe I should post mine...

Fifth, one of these days, it will work out in the love department. Not to say that it will be easy, because it never is, but if you work hard enough, it will last forever. If anyone deserves that, you do.

sixth, I love your poems.

Kara said...

Wow, I just got a big dose of Brittany! ha ha I love your soundtrack, it's like, wicked good. Can't wait to see you at the prom, I'm going to Berkeley soon to find a dress at a vintage store! hip hip horay!

Tori said...

holy cow...this looks great. what's your address so I can send you a blank CD and envelope? Yep, your sisters got to me too with these books. I cannot turn down a good book and these are good books.

Hey wait...we are all supposed to get together this weekend, the cousins. You up for it? Ask Brooke for more info.