Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine's vs Single Awareness

I would rather celebrate Valentine’s Day than Single Awareness Day. I don’t need a specific day to remind me or point out that I am single. I do a fine job of realizing it most days and I refuse to be bitter about being single. I am not mad that I am single or that there are happy couples. I am not mad that I have never had someone to celebrate the day with…ever. I won’t go as far as to say I am glad to be single or that I necessarily like being a bachelor; there are some fun things about it, but I think I would rather have someone to love than to be searching and waiting for that someone.

So to you S.A.D, I say, Toodles. I will not celebrate you. Rather I would like to celebrate Valentine’s Day for what it is; a day to remember the ones you love. It is also a day that gives me hope that there will come a Valentine’s Day where I will have someone to celebrate with…and it is going to be a special day. She won’t need February 14th to know that I love her but it will be an excuse to reassure her that I do. I look forward to that Valentine’s Day.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Valentines Day is lame, even when you do have someone. You ain't missing anything!

kell-bell said...

We need a new post! I keep checking for something new!