I can listen to all of the songs I love thanks to this little device. Get yourself an iPod. I love music. It is a huge part of my life.
Music: I love emotion in music. There is a certain passion that some artists have for their music that I am drawn to. Whether it is in the words or the music or the harmonies. It makes it better, distinguishable.
Classic Rock - I got into this music purely out of peer pressure. I had to fit in with my group of friends so I listened to what they listened to. It was all Classic Rock. I didn't mind, I enjoy it.
*Pink Floyd - I remember listening to The Final Cut for the first time and I was blown away. I could feel Roger's pain. David Gilmore's guitar could speak. No words need be spoken. I knew what David was trying to say. "Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend; we were all equal in the end" from the album, The Final Cut - Two Suns in the Sunset
* The Doors - I like these guys too. They're not The Floyd but it is a different feel. Actually it is very different from Floyd. The Doors' guitarist pretty much sucked. But I love driving to their music. I love the poetics and feelings from Jim. "Stuck her with knives in the side of the dawn. Tied her with fences and dragged her down." - When the Music's Over
*Hip-Hop - I don't know how I got into Rap, but I did. It wasn't the norm in my family or with my friends but I always have loved it. It speaks to be. Sure I'm white and 25 from suburbia but I have a bit of gangster in me...Holler! :)
*2 Pac - His flow and voice are great I can feel his emotion. He means what he says. I lowered the flag at my high school to half mast when I found out he died. "Remember me smiling, with G's in my pocket. Have a party at my funeral, let every rapper rock it." - Life Goes On
* Dr. Dre - He's a Pioneer. His beats are rad, he keeps it fresh. "What? cuz I been in the lab, with a pen and a pad; tryin to get this damn label off?" Forgot About Dre
* Snoop - A classic. Smooth and Stylish. "slim with the tilted grin"
* Eminem - He is unreal. I don't know how he puts it all together lyrically. He really is gifted. "Who's arm is this? I must have cut it off at the pharmacist. Who failed to renew my seven perscripts into Darvocets. I'm the old man who lives upstairs and starves his pets. And never leave his house cause he thinks his car's possessed." Watch Dees
**Others: Master P, P. Diddy, The Notorious B.I.G., 50 Cent...
Slow Jams -
80's I grew up in the eighties and had a father who listened to soft rock non-stop. So naturally I became a fan of those same hits. I love lots of 80's music but the rock ballads and love songs take the cake.
* Lionel Richie " I've been alone with you inside my mind. And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times." Hello
* Heart " You don't know how long I've wanted to touch your lips and hold you close." Alone
* George Michael "So if you love me; Say you love me. But if you don't, then just let me go." One More Try
* Whitney Houston "Loving you makes life worth living" Didn't We Almost Have it All
**Other Artists I Like:
Billy Joel, Air Supply, Chicago, Hall and Oats, Micael Jackson, Lenny Kravitz, Phil Collins, Les Miserables, Sublime...
I don't have a category to put this band in but they deserve a shout out in my book.
*Dashboard Confessional - Chris Carrabba is the lead singer and guitarist. He's pretty good too. This band is all about emotion. The music is awesome, but especially the lyrics. There is so much feeling. They are amazing. I suggest you check them out if you can. "I guess its luck. But its the same hard luck you've been trying to tame. Maybe its love but its like you said; "Love is like a role that we play." Ghost of a Good Thing Check out their site, they have some music you can listen to.